Sunshine State - Brisbane

Brisbane is the capital of Australia's Queensland state, also affectionately known as the Sunshine State! Yes, as the name suggests, it is almost sunshiney all year round. That was the main reason why I was so happy everyday while I pursued my undergrad study from 2005-2006. I even extended my stay for 3 months after my examinations ended!

In this series of travelogue of my favourite city in Australia, I will be covering the places to eat, shop and play for the following parts of Brisbane:
  1. Brisbane city
  2. Sunshine Coast / Noosa
  3. Gold Coast / Surfers Paradise
Australia is made up of 7 states, namely Western Australia (Perth), Northern Territory (Darwin), South Australia (Adelaide), Victoria (Melbourne), New South Wales (Sydney), Tasmania (Hobart), and finally Queensland (Brisbane).

And no, Sydney is not the capital of Australia although it holds the largest population of Australians there. Canberra is the capital of Australia, and probably the least number of Australians there. Haha.

Brisbane is on the most eastern part of Down Under and it takes about 6-7 hours to fly to Perth, which is the other side of the country. So there, a gauge of how big Down Under is.

Btw, Down Under is a colloquialism of Australia and New Zealand. The term comes from the fact that they are located in the southern hemisphere and below many other countries on the globe.

Now that you are more familiar with Australia, lets get down to the details on the next post! Stay tuned..


No comments:

Post a Comment