How To Organise Your Jewellery

One day, I received an email from my customer asking me how I keep all my jewellery. And I was stumped cause I am always changing my organisation style and always try to make it work for me!

Still, I gladly offered my 2 cents worth and was thankfully gratified back from her. So I thought maybe you might have this information useful as well.

1. An Awesome Christmas Present (from bro) - Jewellery Hanger!
He had gotten it from Anthropology, unfortunately, the shop has closed down in March this year. I have sourced it online and found a site selling it! Check it out at here or a similar one here.


2. Mustafa is Your BFF

Search for these sort of mini drawers @ Mustafa. The one I have has 25 drawers (!!) and the best thing is, there are slots inside the drawers where you can partition it further to keep not 1 but 2 to 3 rings/bracelets/necklaces in one drawer.

Simple calculation brings you to up to 75 pieces of jewellery in that handy and neat box. Whats the best deal? Its only $9.90 each!

3. Daiso is Your Friendly (Pocket) Neighbour



Well, you might not have the exact same one but close enough! For $2, you keep your life so much more organised. And you will have no excuse for always wearing the same necklace just because the others are being kept away in a box because it is transparent!

Very compact and you can hang it anywhere from your room door to the toilet. If you travel often, simply roll it up, secure with a ribbon and off you go!

If you are telling yourself, WOW! I'd like to do that this weekend, but at the back of your mind you are thinking of giving up cause all the necklaces are tangled up and would probably take you days to sort them out.. I have a solution for you.

For the tangled necklaces/bracelets, you can use powder to detange them easily. It is also best advised to keep your pieces individually to prevent it from tarnishing and of course avoid all form of chemical reactions from soap, perfume etc.

To have those little trinkets shine again, apply small amount of toothpaste on it and small amount of water to wash it off. Alternatively, I have learned that this old school vintage face powder that your granny uses works like a charm too!


Do you have some tips too? Please feel free to share! Like I said, I love to keep "upgrading" my jewellery organisation skills. hehe. xx

2 comments:

  1. You should send this article to e-how 'cos it's very informative. I've a lot of accessories but am clueless on how to keep 'em well. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I din know e-how allows public upload. Sounds interesting, will try it now. Thanks babe! Btw, how are you? I have yet to have that cuppa with you!!

    ReplyDelete